Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blissful Knitted Squares

My step brother's baby is due today. So far there is no sign of the little one making a prompt exit! I knitted this very quick blanket for the little one (my own pattern - which I will try and write down soon.) I like the simple patchwork effect.I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK Yarn which is so soft and lovely to knit with.

When I first started knitting rabbits (which seems like the longest time ago ...) I was using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Super Chunky. The yarn was just as lovely, soft and easy to knit with - it seemed utterly perfect for cuddly toys ... but proved too expensive for the multitude of bunnies that then followed.

I'm currently knitting a little cable hooded cardigan for my friend's newborn - in the same DK yarn but in navy blue. Quite shocking of me to actually use a color as I seem to have become a bit obsessed with working in these off-white/cream yarns ... and I could bang on about my minimalist obsession with people like Robert Ryman or Agnes Martin ... but then you might all truly go to sleep!

6 comments:

Sue said...

The blanket is very nice , especially the edging.

I was glad to get a glimpse of your bunnies. I'm into knitting toys now and am really enjoying it. Your are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blanket! Perfect to cuddle a baby in.

hetty said...

What a wonderful cuddly blanket! Simple, yet elegent. I love the edging.

LizzieJane said...

What a beautiful blanket Rachael. It looks lovely and soft. Just perfect for cuddling up in.
x

Ally Jay said...

But your obssessions create such beautiful things, how could we ever be bored. Never.

Network Support Melbourne said...

It's simply beautiful. I love the simplicity of it. The little baby will surely love it. Good job!