Monday, July 21, 2014

Labels of Love

Often I add labels to the quilts I make - often I use the tag line 'handmade with love' those who know me well know how true this tag line is. But for the Kilt & Coat Quilts - these have a different label.





The family requested these labels for their quilts ...




"Beannacht leat go bhfeicfidh mé aris thú" is Irish Gaelic for 'Until we meet again' - or a literal translation is 'Blessings until I see you again'. Which for these quilts with deep Irish roots & laden with Irish kilts - was so perfect.

I simply ADORE these photos that I took of the siblings when they picked up the quilts. The pictures - to me at least - scream what my Quilting A Memory project/charity is all about. 



I am working on more Memorial & Memory Quilts and I look forward to sharing the results with you soon.

1 comment: